PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
This acceptable use policy ("this policy") sets out the standards that apply when you interact with our website, www.epichealth.io ("our site"), e.g. by uploading content to, making contact with other users on our site, or linking to our site.
Our site is operated by Bioepic Ltd ("we" or "us").
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- What is in this policy?
- By using our site you accept this policy
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- Prohibited uses
- Interactive Services
- Content Standards
- Breach of this policy
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- We may make changes to this policy
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
By using our site, you confirm that you accept this policy and that you agree to comply with it.
If you do not agree to this policy, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of this policy for future reference.
Our Terms and Conditions also apply to your use of our site.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this policy. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way harms us or our directors, employees, affiliates, distributors, partners, service providers, and / or any other user;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with this policy;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions.
not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide Interactive Services on our site, including, without limitation, user comments on our blogs ("Interactive Services").
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of this policy, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof.. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards ("Content Standards") apply to any and all material or information which you contribute, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share on, or to, our site ("Contribution"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
These Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Bioepic Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- belong to another person, to which the user has not been given rights;
- be hateful, harmful, harassing, blasphemous, disparaging or defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, menacing, hateful, inflammatory or pornographic;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence, or be offensive in any manner;
- harms minors in any way;
- promote discrimination based on ethnicity, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, patent, trade secret, or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person, including on the origin of any messages/information sent;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity including money laundering, or gambling, or violate any applicable law;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Bioepic Ltd, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When we consider that a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution made by other users, please contact us.
We amend this policy from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check this policy to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. By continuing to use or access our site, you confirm that you accept this policy, as it appears here at the relevant time.
This policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.